Knowledge and learning are the gateway to understanding and understanding leads to wisdom and wisdom ignites change, change in the mindset, and overall development of a personality thereby developing an individual, family, society, country, and the world at large. A significant and primary step towards leading a change is to provide an ecosystem of learning and one such step is the renovation of 37 rural Libraries in the district of Alipurduar in West Bengal, India.
The idea of reviving and renovation came to the mind of district administration, which with an investment of Rs 250.00 lakhs on physical infrastructure were initiated and made them functional. 7 Libraries have been converted into E-learning centers, equipped with the latest technology and equipment, designed to work on Hub and Spoke Models.
Apart from this, Smart classrooms at Schools for Audio Visual Learning in Forest Hill Villages and Tea Garden Areas are also introduced. Mock interviews are regularly organized, which are showing results with the recent success achieved by aspirants in the WBCS (Exe) examination, ICDS Supervisor Examination, Railway Recruitments, etc.
Speaking about the initiative, Shri Surendra Kumar Meena, IAS, District Collector & District Magistrate Alipurduar, and the man behind the mission said, “Dooars Disha is an initiative undertaken by the District Administration for creating an ecosystem of learning centers and avenues through the use of latest e-learning tools which creates a rippling effect in the far-flung Tea Garden areas and Forest Villages. The aim is to provide equitable opportunities to all for becoming the best version of oneself, so that remoteness may never be a hindrance, rather a place to rejoice the tranquility of Mother Nature”.
The components of these projects are:
- Renovation of 37 rural Libraries in the district, with an investment of Rs 150.00 lakhs on physical infrastructure. 7 Libraries have been converted into E-learning centers, equipped with the latest technology and equipment, designed to work on Hub and Spoke Models. All the libraries have been provided with standard books for various competitive examinations and high-speed internet connection with computer access.
- Such E-learning centers under Doors Disha will provide career counseling sessions and online classes for various competitive examinations.
- Smart classrooms at Schools for Audio Visual Learning in Forest Hill Villages and Tea Garden Areas.
- Mock interviews are organized regularly with the recent success achieved by aspirants in the WBCS (Exe) examination, ICDS Supervisor Examination, Railway Recruitments, etc.
- Dedicated officers for continuous guidance and support during the preparation of various competitive examinations.
- For strengthening and promoting scientific temper, for young minds, a dedicated studio and YouTube channel have been created for recording science lessons with live experiments, by expert teachers.
- A system of robust self-propelling mechanisms is the cornerstone of this initiative as recent success and examples ignite the fire in all to strive for future success. Such success stories and the active participation of such protagonists a key elements for the furtherance of the project.
Nature has provided Alipurduar with its bounty of beauty and serenity. Dooars Disha aims to nurture such lucky inhabitants of the District to become the beacon of hope and create an ecosystem of learning.