The 18th Tumi Annanya Awards 2023, which recognized the accomplishments of women in various fields. The award program was organized by Beyond Dreams and supported by Lions Clubs International, District 322B2. Beyond Dreams is committed to hosting socially conscious events with integrity, aiming to inspire the younger generations.
The awards were presented to women who have made a significant impact in the society by contributing in their respective fields. The nominees were shortlisted based on their contributions in various fields.
- Actress Swastika Mukherjee was recognized for her outstanding achievements in Indian Cinema.
- Nusrat Jahan, an Actress cum Politician, received the award for her intellectual prowess in both the fields.
- Dancer Smt. Mamata Shankar was honored for her lifetime dedication and excellence in the field of dance.
- Ishaa Saha was awarded for her dynamic roles in Bangla Cinema, while Lagnajita Chakroborty received the award for her melodious voice and her contributions to the Bengali Cinema.
- Finally, Divya Goenka, an entrepreneur, was awarded for her embodiment of courage, strength, and beauty.
For last 17 years Tumi Annanya Awards have been recognizing the works and efforts by awarding the women and men who are biggest inspirations. A few of the previous recipients of the award are: Shabana Azmi, Aparna Sen, Mousumi Chatterjee, Savitri Chattopadhyay, Late Girija Devi, Ms.Shatabdi Roy, MP, Ms.Rachna Banerjee, Usha Uthup, Tanusree Shankar, Koel Mallick, Jaya Ahsan, Ms. Nusrat Jahan, Ms. Mimi Chakraborty, Ms. Nandita Roy, Dona Ganguly, Mr. Srijit Mukherji, Mr. Abir Chttopadhyay, Mr. Anupam Roy etc.